Only fresh brew and serve at Beerfest Brewery Singapore 🇸🇬 Kvass is a traditional Slavic fermented beverage commonly made from rye bread, known in many Eastern European countries, and especially in Ukraine and Russia as black bread. The color of the bread used contributes to the color of the resulting drink. It is classified as a non-alcoholic drink, as the alcohol content from fermentation is typically low (0.5–1.0%). Kvass has becoming popular in Asia, especially in North China provinces.
Here are some of the health benefits of kvass:
1. Tonic and refreshing effect on hot days.
2. The ability of kvass to perfectly quench the thirst on hot days is related to the sour taste that lactic acid gives to it. This is due to the so-called “acid thirst” phenomenon. Therefore, acidification of beverages is widely used.
3. Boost the immune system due to Vitamin C
4. Kvass is considered to hold antiseptic properties and have the ability to fight infection, and for these reasons it is also sometimes drunk as a precursory measure before coming into contact with sick people.
5. Rich in nutrients — kvass contains a good deal of this immune-boosting, toxin-fighting antioxidant. Kvass is also rich in manganese; it’s a mineral that plays a vital role in kidney, pancreas, and bone health.
6. Kvass improves male "strength" and helps in the treatment of typical male diseases.
7. Helps to fight with spring vitamin deficiency
8. Promotes better sleep, helps in the fight against chronic fatigue, depression.
9. Clears the skin and improves its appearance
10. Kvass can help to normalize the work of the gastrointestinal system, improves the digestion and assimilation of stodge food.
11. Keep the heart and circulatory system healthy. Yeast fungi help to remove cholesterol plaques, which increases the elasticity and strength of blood vessels.
12. Kvass benefits include the ability to provide the body with healing probiotics. Probiotic foods enhance the immune system and improve the health of the intestinal tract. They also help to reduce allergies and fight off harmful bacteria.
13. Kvass is low-calorie product due to the availability of rapidly digestible amino acids and carbohydrates, which is valuable for people who are overweight.
14. Strengthens tooth enamel, reduces the risk of getting caries due to the presence of calcium.
15. Cleanse your liver – kvass does an amazing job of eliminating toxins and fat buildup from your liver. Remember that your liver collects a lot of the fats and toxins, and reduced liver function can lead to a wide range of health problems. Thanks to Kvass, you can keep your liver clean and working like a dream.
16. Provides positive effect on eye diseases - glaucoma, cataract, myopia, optic nerve atrophy.
Kvass - S$4 per Pint Kvass - S$5 per 1 liter (only take away)